- Wed, 12:53: Introducing Children’s Book Reviews Online – NYTimes.com http://t.co/hH7vqyD
- Wed, 14:59: RT @fellowette: rt @jenniferweiner Editors of important magazines grapple with the ladyproblem: http://journ.us/fvSXGG / My own weigh-in …
- Wed, 15:01: RT @jennnnie: Why is a 3% tax increase on the richest considered “socialism” but a 14% pay cut on the middle class is “doing your part?” …
- Wed, 15:13: OMG! LePage on BPA dangers; ‘worst case is some women may have little beards’ — Health & Fitness — Bangor Daily News http://t.co/SKq7Q1A
- Wed, 15:46: Peace and Quiet http://j.mp/i4HW3I
- Thu, 09:13: Help save PBS. 170 Million Americans for Public Broadcasting http://t.co/J8v5L8O
Month: February 2011
Peace and Quiet
A huge round of applause for my sister-in-law who took my two lovely (read noisy and bored) children away for roller skating and a sleep-over the same day their father had to leave for a business trip providing me with 24 hours of peace and quiet. It is true that this peace and quiet was preceded by my two, plus her three, destroying our house and speaking in volumes loud enough to hear each other across three rows in a rockin’ stadium show when they were only three feet apart. None the less, I am thankful from my typing finger tips to my x-country skiing toes.
I managed to remove, dust, and vacuum their detritus, roast a pan of lovely root veggies for my lunch, catch up on my emails, waste a little time on livejournal, (this blog) twitter, and facebook while still enjoying the fictive dream and getting down quite a few concrete words today. Next stop, the library, to pick up books for my grad lecture, then off to dinner with the women of the Midcoast Triathlon Club. Finally, a private viewing of Sherlock Holmes with Fiddle Faddle in hand. What could be better than Robert Downey, Jr. and toffee covered popcorn?
Maybe a hot bath.
PS: A shout out to the UPS man who in all his glorious brown-ness delivered Kimberly Marcus’s, new novel in verse Exposed on the perfect day!
- Tue, 15:49: Look at all my VCFA buddies! Wish I was there. http://t.co/fwbFCvh
- Wed, 11:11: Showing the Eagle’s Nest Camp love today! http://www.enf.org/camp
- Wed, 11:15: Calling all authors…Kate’s Book Blog – Skyping & Celebrating! World Read Aloud Day is March 9th http://t.co/0afdjvW
- Wed, 11:29: Are you asked to do more editing w/clients before submitting to editors? If so, how does it effect new representation decisions? #askagent
- Sun, 14:21: View Dana Walrath’s artwork re:Alzheimers in the sketchbook project. Space Gallery 3/30-4/3 http://t.co/OABTZ70
- Sun, 14:26: Donna Bowman Bratton: The Do’s, Dont’s, and “Stuff” of Writer’s Conferences http://t.co/E54ApHX
- Mon, 06:32: OUTRAGE: House votes to bar Planned Parenthood from federal funding. Speak out. http://www.ppaction.org/IStandWithPP #StandWithPP
- Thu, 04:56: Top 10 iPad Storybook Apps from Kirkus. Wow! YouTube – KirkusReviews’s Channel http://t.co/JrDKc1I
- Sat, 18:08: Is there hope for small bookstores in a digital age? – USATODAY.com http://t.co/3qJ2Vye
- Tue, 22:02: A shout out to my friend Rachel for this well-written op-ed! Taking a closer look at welfare: http://bit.ly/hM9OVO (via @sunjournal)
- Tue, 08:12: Hype? Controversy? Check out 100 Young Adult Books for the Feminist Reader and the comments after #yareading http://t.co/wKaWNRC
- Mon, 07:08: I wonder how many people are calling in sick this morning. #superbowl #morningafter
- Mon, 11:03: Check out this illustrator group blog site that includes Maine illustrator Hazel Mitchell & Russ Cox: http://pixelshavings.blogspot.com/
- Mon, 11:16: Please watch: http://www.hulu.com/watch/212563/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-rape-victim-abortion-funding
- Sat, 16:04: RT @MrSchuReads: We Are in a Book!, by Mo Willems, is the winner of the 2011 Gryphon Award for Children’s Literature. http://tinyurl.com …
- Sat, 16:24: New Blog by Sarah Tuttle “Local Love: Books for Children in New England” http://t.co/mfS9Zn1