I’d love to present at your school, library, or conference.
Anna E. Jordan is a veteran educator with ten years of elementary and middle-school classroom experience. She also teaches adults and feels comfortable adapting programs to various audiences.
Class visits can be scheduled in 45-50 minute blocks (one or multiple) and are appropriate for 10-25 students. Programs can be designed to correspond to specific learning results/outcomes. I’m also open to new ideas and look forward to working with you to develop a writing or art program that meets your needs. Below are topics of past programs:
- Show Not Tell Revision
- Five Senses Detectives
- Writing Haiku Poetry
- Reading and Writing Concrete Poetry
- The Publication Process: from journaling to magazine publication.
- Figurative Language and Poetry
- How do you get your ideas? (Appropriate for writing & drawing.)
- Menorahs, and Dreidels, and Latkes, Oh my!
- Thumbnails, Storyboards, and Pacing Picturebooks
- Using Household Objects for Printmaking
Writer/Artist in Residence Programs
The Artist in Residence program is a chance for me to have an extended period of time with your students. These programs can last from five to ten days and are planned to run in 45-80 minutes blocks. In the past, I have been honored to work with classrooms creating picture books, making a magical creatures handbook, and publishing a class book of poems and prints.
A residency has many benefits:
- Because I visit often, I get to know student goals, challenges and personalities and can modify my teaching to meet their needs.
- Consistent time on task and one on one attention means that student work improves quickly.
- Students are able to produce high quality work.
- Students often end up with some class or personal product.
- Projects can be more complex and often include both text and images.
Recommendations and kind words about Anna’s programs:
“Thank you for working with Mrs. K’s class and inspiring the children– [my son’s] book was such a wonderful surprise!”
“I was proud that I was published.”
“I enjoyed being a scientist and writing the poem.”
“This was an incredible project to connect my children’s poetry with art. All of the poems connect with the personalities of my students. Now they all have a poem to keep in their pocket and a picture to put in their head.”
Please contact me for references, program specifics, pricing, and scheduling information.