Usually, when I don’t have anything to say, I just stay quiet. Today is Monday though and I’ve been pretty good about posting on Mondays so I’ll just start and see what comes up.
1. My novel is out to my first readers and then onto the editor who says she wants to see it.
2. My agent has been working hard on my account and it is nice to see our relationship grow. We are both working hard for a sale and have high hopes.
3. My freelance work is both a drag and a necessity. Dollars are good: especially at this moment in economic history and this time of year.
4. I am so thankful for my family. I wish my hubby was happier in his work but I understand his lack of enthusiasm. Oh that we could all do exactly what we want and not have to worry about money. We would end up on a farm with me in a dual MFA program (illustration and writing for children). Then I’d teach in a university somewhere in New England. Such realistic dreams yet seemingly so unattainable.
5. Hubby especially wants to see snow for the holiday but it is not going to happen for us here in MD. Plus, we are headed to his parent’s home in Florida for Christmas day. Oh well.
6. We saw BOLT this weekend. Predictable but very fun. The art was, of course, amazing. I especially liked the credit animation at the end.
7. Have you seen the movie trailers for Desperaux? I’m so disappointed. The art is so different from Timothy Basil Erring’s, the mice so people-y, the story so seemingly changed for the film. Ack! What do you all think?
Well, I guess I had something to say then.