You may have noticed (or not) that posts are less regular here at Creative Chaos. That’s because my full time job as Director of Mama Camp (read: parenting) has kicked into full gear. There have been many field trips.
And lots of time at the best library on Earth, Curtis Memorial Library where we are busy with fun crafts:
the coolest Teen Zone ever:
wonderful lifesized animal sculptures (there’s also a whale, a unicorn, and a friendly boar):
and the best of all… Fabulous librarians who care about books and kids:
You can imagine with all this action that there has been little time to blog, or to write for that matter. Here’s what I’ve been trying to fit in between Mama Camp and sleeping.
- Rowing (Link for video. I’m in three seat. The camera moves to starboard around 4:44)
- Running (Sadly I haven’t been biking but I need to change my rear tube.)
- A work-for-hire editing project that has been an awesome experience.
- Subbing to agents for the first time in three years. Nothing yet. (BEA, ALA, and 4th of July are now over. I’m on pins and needles.)
- Working on NESCBWI Illustrator Day. Save the date: September 29th, 2012.
Happily, sleep away camp is a couple weeks away and I’m eager for the break. I’ll take that time to go to the VCFA Alumni Mini Rez and a writing retreat. I’m psyched to see everyone. Cross your fingers that I’ll have good news to share by the time I get there.